Life’s circumstances can be beyond my control, but allowing them to control me is not. I get to choose my path after I’ve ended up in a place, no matter what brought me there.
Nature’s Choices/Life Matters
- Can the mayfly say to the wind, don’t send me to the river
- where I’ll get eaten by a fish?
- Can the pine cone say to the spring rain, don’t force me into this crevice
- where my growth will be limited to the nutrients you send me?
- Can the seed say to the bird, don’t drop me in this thirsty place
- where I’ll prosper then struggle over and over again?
- Can the maple tree say to the storm, don’t disperse my seeds near the city
- where trees are cut down to make way for new highways or homes?
- Can the acorn say to the squirrel, don’t bury me where the sunlight can’t reach
- where I’ll struggle all my life?
- Life begins, not knowing where it will go,
- what forces if will encounter, or where it will end up.
- If there’s a choice, choose wisely; if not, survive.
- Life, no matter the length or ease, matters. You matter.