Into each life, rain events must fall. Each one changes us in different ways. Marriage, divorce; birth, miscarriage; success, failure; a long-term sickness, cancer, death of a spouse, loss of a job, graduating from college, or moving far from home. Some will make me stronger, tougher, or happier, or maybe weaker, soft, or sad if I let them. I want to be able to see myself as an amazing person, whether anyone else sees it or not. It’s not easy with all that life has thrown at me, and knowing these are small compared to what others have faced, but I believe it is possible to be shaped by all of life’s events in a positive way. It may take moments or years but it’s worth the effort.
- Cascade / Events that Shape
- The view from Cascade is breathtaking! I was told it would be worth the effort.
- The trail is hard; rocks, mud, and water. The peak is solid rock and wind.
- Surrounded by the highest peaks, Marcy, Giant, and Dix.
- Rock slides and stunted trees. Both evidence of hard winters and shallow soils.
- The rugged Adirondacks. Tough as the trail, vast, and amazing.