Yesterday it didn’t take me long to lose motivation. I talked myself out of a walk and a bike ride, and put all the things on my to-do list in the why bother category. Alone is like being frozen; can’t decide, can’t move, and the questions what for, and who cares stay unanswered. This is something I never faced when I was married. Normal, everyday living didn’t take any thought at all, it just sort of happen as we carried each other along. Because there’s just me, I have to dig deep to find the strength to carry myself, and I’m not a light weight. I know it’s there. I just need to look every day until I find it.
- The Portal / Fortitude
- Gray and white clouds moving fast, stirred by the wind, mixing dark with the light.
- Suddenly they separate making room for the sun.
- A portal opens out of the gloom, a path into the light.
- If I could only soar through before it closes.
- But then it’s gone, dark clouds swirling in.
- Another portal opens, unseen, yet just as real, stirred by inner strength.
- A way out of the gloom, and into the light I soar.